Stats Camp UCLA: Sta...
Data meets design
Study the art and science of data with hands-on courses at Pratt Institute.
Drawing on the School of Information’s strengths in information science and HCI (human–computer interaction), the M.S. in Data Analytics & Visualization prepares students for work across the full lifecycle of data, from collection and storage to analysis and visualization. This degree reflects the growing need for well-rounded data professionals who have strong statistical and technology skills combined with strengths in research, communication, and design.
All students graduate with a digital portfolio that demonstrates their skills in:
- Research—asking complex questions surrounding data and select and apply appropriate research methods to answer them;
- Communication—forming reasonable interpretations of data and communicate them effectively visually and narratively;
- Technology—choosing and employing appropriate technologies for data collection, storage, manipulation, analysis, visualization, dissemination, and preservation, as related to goals, tasks, and users;
- User-Centered Design—identifying relevant users of data and designing intuitive, meaningful, and engaging experiences for them;
- Critical Perspectives—considering the broad impact of data on society and raising critical questions about data, its interpretation and visualization, and the methods by which these are produced.
Apply by January 5 for full consideration for Fall 2019 enrollment